Hair grows about 1/2 inch per month or six inches over the course of a year. Each hair goes through a growth cycle with an active phase that is known as the anagen phase. This phase lasts between three and five years. At that time, the hair enters a resting phase, known as the Catagen phase. During this stage, the hair is shed and replaced by a new hair in its place. This cycle repeats for each hair and the cycle varies for the individual hair. At any time, single hairs are in different phases, with about 50 to 100 strands being shed each day. The difference between natural shedding and breakage is that when breakage occurs, the follicle is broken at its weakest point, which can weaken regrowth and lead to hair loss in hairs that are not in the resting or shedding phase.
HAIR AND SCALP TREATMENT REGIMENS FOR VARIOUS STYLES
Hot Comb: Use Leave-in conditioners the night before you go to the beauty salon. A heating cap with a deep conditioning treatment for 15 to 20 minutes and then leave the conditioner on the scalp until the stylist washes it out the next day for an effective hair scalp treatment. Booster Massage the Booster onto the scalp twice a week. The hot comb is during and the booster provides moisture, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to the scalp. Hair oil should be used on the hair twice a week to give the hair a beautiful sheen.
Cuts: Massage the Leave-in Conditioner on the scalp three times a week for natural hair care to keep the follicles strong. Chemicals in the curl weaken hair follicles and follicle openings. Use Booster massage twice a week and hair oil twice a week as a hair growth treatment to nourish the scalp and encourage growth.
Perms: If you are looking for hair thinning solutions to combat dry hair and thinning that result from perms, use the Leave-In Conditioner three times a week and massage the scalp. Massage the Booster into the scalp twice a week for dry hair to promote healthy growth. The hair oil should be used once a week to condition the ends to prevent split ends.
Braids: The Leave-In conditioner is a good hair loss treatment for damage that results from wearing braided hair. Use the Booster three times a week and massage the booster into the scalp to protect the scalp from losing follicles during the braiding process. Hair oil can be applied from the roots to the end of your natural hair to prevent the braid hair from drying out your own hair.
HOW DOES STRESS AFFECT YOUR HAIR?
Physical and metal stress result in irregular breathing, changes in appetite, trouble sleeping, upset stomach, difficulty concentrating, anxiety, depression, grinding the teeth and high blood pressure. In addition to these physical symptoms, stress can result in hair loss, either by losing hair in patches, called alopecia areata and thinning or trichotillomania, which is pulling out ones own hair.
Stress causes a series of chain chemical reactions in the body. Stress causes the blood sugar to soar, then minerals are mobilized from the blood and in the bones, fat is produced at a faster rate, the heart and respiration rates increase, vitamins, minerals and amino acids are lost, which affects the hair and nails because they get nutrition last. The end result is slow hair growth and dry brittle hair. Any effective hair loss solution should address stress reduction.
The hair is comprised of 97% protein and 3% moisture. The protein is called Keratin and is found in hair and nails and in the claws, feathers and horns of animals. Several factors can affect the health of your hair and contribute to damage, breakage and hair loss. Some of these conditions include genetics, hormone changes, thyroid problems, certain health conditions and medications, stress, harsh chemicals used on the hair, environmental circumstances, infections, stress, hair dressing techniques and a poor diet lacking essential vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Breakage can be caused by chemicals in perms, color and relaxers, excessive exposure to sunlight, a diet lacking in nutrients and fungal infections. Diet is the best way to provide the nutrients the follicles need for proper growth and overall health. The vitamins that are most beneficial for the hair include the B vitamins, vitamins C, D, E and K, biotin, calcium, chromium, folic acid, iodine, iron, magnesium, niacin, potassium, selenium and zinc.
How To Stop Hair Loss
- Hairobics provides hair thinning solutions with all natural ingredients that nourish the hair and are effective as a hair growth treatment. Browse our website to find natural hair care products that include Hairobics therapeutic shampoo, leave in conditioner, scalp rejuvenator hair scalp treatment, scalp booster and vitamins.
How To Get Rid Of Dandruff
- We offer natural hair care products that are effective for treating dandruff. Hairobics Leave In Conditioner is an innovative formula that contains a complex blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential oils, rare herbs, and exotic botanicals. The formula is designed as an effective hair loss treatment that increases the sheen, controls dandruff and improves thinning hair.
Prevent Hair Loss
- Our natural products are effective for hair loss prevention and hair loss treatment for men and women. We have a full line of products to cleanse the scalp and stimulate growth.
Best Hair Products
- At Hairobics, our goal is to provide a variety of multicultural products and black hair products to improve the condition of the hair and aid in styling. Our natural products are good for natural and braided hair styles, including our Hair Oil, Detangler Oil, Braid Sheen and Flex It.
Thinning Hair Treatment
- For a hair loss treatment to be effective, the problem needs to be addressed inside the body as well as the scalp. We offer specially formulated thinning hair solutions with a blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential nutrients. Our products improve circulation, increase energy at the roots and promote healthy hair growth.
Hair Leave In Conditioner
- The ingredients in our leave in conditioner have been selected to nourish the hair for an effective hair scalp treatment that provides the nutrients needed to thicken the hair, nourish the scalp, increase strength and improve damaged hair.
African American Hair
- Flex It is a styling aid for African American hair. This natural hair care product contains ingredients to make the hair easier to style and more manageable. Flex It can be sued for styling, sculpting and molding curly hair and all hair types. This product also improves damaged and brittle hair.
Recommended remedy to balance stress:
1. Proper nutrition, exercise and stress management.
2. Always check with your doctor before starting the advice listed above.
There is an old Chinese proverb concerning the effects of stress on the hair, "GRASS DOESN'T GROW ON A BUSY STREET".